Welcome to our website
Krzysztof Szczypiorski [ˈkʂɨʂtɔf ʂt͡ʂɨˈpʲɔrski] is Professor of Telecommunications at Warsaw University of Technology (WUT), Poland.
Krzysztof holds a D.Sc. (habilitation/higher doctorate, 2012), a Ph.D. (doctorate, 2007) and a M.Sc. (master's degree, 1997) all in Telecommunications from WUT. He also finished his postgraduate studies in Psychology of Motivation (2013) at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities (SWPS), Warsaw, Poland. He graduated from Hass School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, USA (2013).
Head and founder (or co-founder) of:
- Cybersecurity Division, Institute of Telecommunications (IT), Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology (FEIT), WUT (2015-),
- X-lab.PW - Creative People Lab at WUT (2015-),
- ITU Internet Training Centre (ITU-ITC) at WUT (2003-) containing Cisco Academy Support Centre (ASC) and Cisco Instructor Training Centre (ITC),
- Network Security Group at WUT (2002-) transformed into an independent part of Cybersecurity Division at IT FEIT WUT.
Visiting researcher at:
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA (2014),
- Luxembourg Institute of Science & Technology, Luxembourg (2015),
- University of California, Berkeley, USA (2013),
- and 40+ other places for short-term scientific visits.
Krzysztof is an author (or a co-author) of 150+ papers and 60+ invited talks as well as an inventor of 2 patents (one of them is pending). A guest editor of 10+ special issues of top ICT journals.
Co-founder and VP, Research & Development (2015-) of a cybersecurity startup company Cryptomage.
For 20+ years Krzysztof serves as the independent consultant in fields of network security, telecommunications and computer science for many entities including: Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Ministry of Finance (Poland), Oracle, Orange Poland, Parliament of Republic of Poland, Polish Energy Group, Polkomtel (a Polish mobile operator), PwC, T-Mobile Poland.
His curriculum vitæ: in English and in Polish.
His short bio: in English and in Polish.
[NEW] Krzysztof is seeking to prospective students (BSc/MSc/PhD).
[NEW] This fall Krzysztof will be visiting Japan:
- on November 5-6, 2015 during ICNIT 2015 he will deliver a keynote speech entitled "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly: Algorithms in Network Steganography" and present a paper "Why Do Older Adults Prefer Some Radio Stations?" (joint work with Dr. Artur Janicki)
- on November 9 he will give an invited lecture entitled "The Art of Information Hiding in Data Networks" at Toyama University.